Reducing the risks associated with product purchasing
- How do you determine which product is right for your environment and organisation?
- Are you getting the expected return on your product investments?
- How can you derive the correct ROI for your purchase?
- Do you have the knowledge, experience and time to manage and execute a product selection process?
- Would your organisation benefit from independent verification to confirm a product investment?
There are vast numbers of vendors, products and combinations thereof that an organisation can invest in. intelligent Product Selection (iPS™) is a solution provided by Experimentus to both IT and Business users that helps evaluate and identify the optimum product that will meet an organisation’s short to long term needs. As neither a seller nor reseller of any software products, Experimentus approaches the entire evaluation process objectively.
Experimentus’ iPSTM offering covers:
- Project and Resource Management
- Test Management
- Document and Content Management Tools
- Testing Automation
- Requirements Management
- Test Environment
- Development Modelling
- Defect Management
- Software Development Products
- IT Support Tools
- Business Applications
- Reporting Tools
- Configuration Management
Choosing the right product is essential to achieving the following:
- Productivity gains
- Automation of mundane tasks
- Better visibility and control (SOX etc.)
- Risk mitigation
- Process improvement
- Increased quality
- Facilitate growth
- Revenue enhancement
“They convey total impartiality in their approach to recommending tools and suppliers” Clive Willis, Senior Business Analyst, Chaucer Holdings Plc
“Experimentus actively listened and really took the time to understand our requirements and how we operate” Aoun Shamsi, Web Delivery Manager, ARUP
“They were able to understand our needs quickly” Jenny Martin, Systems Delivery Manager, LMG
Features & Benefits of iPS™
- Clearly documented process deliverables, including demonstration guidelines and scorecard
- Interpretation of complex needs and issues to define a clear set of goals
- Helps reduce the chance of software becoming “shelfware”
- Removes the headache of dealing with multiple suppliers, co-ordinating tasks and ensuring feedback is provided appropriately and constantly
The process follows five distinct phases to ensure that the most suitable product is selected.
Experimentus works with the client to capture and clarify a clear set of unique and achievable goals for the product selection. Using our skills of goal setting and extensive knowledge of the current products available within the marketplace, this phase cuts through the melee of everyday selection issues that organisations have to suffer.
Experimentus will conduct initial research to identify a shortlist of vendors and the applicable products that will be suitable.
Experimentus will contact the short listed vendors and manage the demonstration activities. This will involve the client attending the demonstrations and working with Experimentus to assess their suitability. From the demonstrations, two or three of the vendors will be identified.
Proof of Concept & Select
The vendors will be invited back to prove that their solution will work in the client’s environment. Experimentus will set and distribute the POC criteria for the vendor to meet. This will enable a product selection to be made.
Experimentus will provide support for defining the business case. Experimentus will also manage the negotiations to help ensure the most cost effective investment proposal is provided.