Environment Management has become one of the top 7 challenges in Application Development and Deployment (World Quality Report 2016-17 Cap Gemini & HPE)
Introducing TEMPT – Our new service for Professional Test Environment Management
TEMPT stands for “Test Environment Management and Provisioning Team”
Companies world-wide are paying a lot of attention to Test Environment Management for a number of reasons – it can be painful and costly but getting it right brings serious commercial benefits. With shrinking budgets and higher expectations, organisations need to get this element under control as soon as possible.
Our new service combines our experience and expertise with a proven collection of processes for Test Environment Management. The service is driven by dedicated specialist consultants who help you deploy a curated collection of powerful tools and information in context.
TEMPT acts as one coherent and coordinated management service providing a great way to manage communications between the test organisation, vendors, IT operations and a technical team.
The service is tailored to meet the needs of the program, project and client. A portal for Environment Management can be configured to service any project and environment landscape. Resourcing can be scaled accordingly using dedicated or hybrid models as required.
What pains does it address?
We’ve heard many Environment Management issues expressed by clients throughout our experience working in Software Quality Testing and here are some typical comments we’ve heard and addressed with our new TEMPT service;
TEMPT is a dedicated environment management service, which saves money by centralising the task of environment management and efficiently utilising dedicated resource. It removes the burden of environment management from large and small projects.
The Environment design and build out is through direct engagement of vendors, architects and engineering disciplines. It provides for Environment configuration and software release management, enforcing software change management processes while assuring compliance. TEMPT also helps you to manage Environment access and conflict management between test programs and other engineering work, such as major release, demos, etc.
Environment Management is important to organisations for many reasons including;
Managing the resource
- Provides a dedicated test environment and data management services with expert resources
- Significantly increases environment utilsation and increases visibility
- Standardises environment configuration, software release and change management processes
- Critical information can be delivered to stakeholders in a context-driven manner
- Improved cost control around vendor engagement
- Testing Costs and project issue reduction
Usage and Issue control
- Better visibility of environment configurations
- Reduction in the number of implementation issues on deployment to production enabling smoother transition and acceptance of services
- Handles decommissioning of redundant softwaree and hardware components post project