Expert consultancy services to help you improve your software development test processes
An efficient and effective software test process underpins any successful software development and deployment team, and improvements to that test process can make a significant difference to the end product. In particular test process improvements can:
- reduce application and testing defects
- speed up time to marketing and
- eventually reduce costs while ensuring the software end product best meets business requirements.
Many of our clients are software teams that have robust test processes in place already, but reach a point where an objective assessment of how well they are working is necessary. It might be that their processes have become unworkable and too complex, or conversely, are no longer sophisticated enough to meet the needs of an increased testing workload. This is where we can help.
Test Process Improvement services
- Using the industry standard TMMi framework our team of industry experts will benchmark your existing test process maturity against industry standards, so you can compare your processes against your peers. This diagnosis phase is an appraisal of current testing practice – for some customers, assurance on their current practice is sufficient.
- The next step is to conduct a gap analysis to identify what’s missing and how you can improve your test processes, providing recommendations and a plan. This test process improvement plan makes recommendations prioritised by risk and business objectives. For many customers, the plan is a sufficient catalyst to create the changes needed to their testing processes.
- Finally, if you are not able to implement these improvements in house our team of consultants can provide input on all the component elements. On a tactical level we can use the intelligent Test Method iTM to assess your test processes in granular detail and then plug any gaps.
- We can provide a team to put these process improvements into place or training and mentoring for your existing team.
Our consultants are recruited from the software testing and quality management sector so are able to make recommendations informed not only by the industry standard TMMi framework but also by real world experience. We can help you identify the challenges faced by your testing team, how others in your industry are addressing these challenges and how to make the business case for change within your organisation. It also means that you can expect practical advice and actionable recommendations grounded in a deep understanding of software testing processes.
Our work with a global financial advisory organisation helped to standardise and improve their test and QA processes in over 700 offices and 150 countries. Read more in this case study
We work with software development teams of all shapes and sizes to improve what they do and efficiency of their work. Contact us to find out how we can help you.