The purpose of the Test Life Cycle and Integration Process Area is to:
- establish and maintain a usable set of test process assets, work environments standards
- integrate and synchronise the test life cycle with the development life cycle
- ensure early involvement of testing in projects
- define a coherent test approach across multiple test levels, based on the identified risks through a defined life cycle test strategy and plan
The Test Life Cycle and Integration Process Area addresses all practices:
- to establish and maintain a usable set of organisational test process assets and work environment standards
- to integrate and synchronise the test life cycle with the development life cycle
The master test planning practices are also addressed. The master test plan at TMMi Level 3 defines a coherent test approach across multiple test levels.
Some points to consider when looking at this Process Area:
- Are all elements of the organisational test approach usable?
- Is the test process well defined, documented, maintained and used?
- Is there an asset library of test items which are maintained by the organisation?
- Is there a test life cycle model defined and does it specify test assets for all test levels?
- Is the test life cycle aligned and integrated with the development life cycle model?