The purpose of the Non-functional Testing Process Area is to:
- Improve test process capability for non-functional testing during test planning, test design and execution by:
- defining a test approach based on the identified non-functional product risks
- establishing non-functional test specifications and
- executing a structured test execution process focused on non-functional testing
The Non-functional Testing Process Area involves performing a non-functional product risk assessment and defining a test approach.
It also addresses test preparation to derive non-functional test conditions, test cases and the creation of specific test data.
Execution of the non-functional tests and test environment practices is also covered.
Some points to consider when looking at this Process Area:
- Have the needs of stakeholders been successfully identified, captured and documented in to non-functional requirements?
- Has an approach to non-functional testing been defined based on product risk?
- Have non-functional test plans been developed based on product risk?
- Is non-functional test specification, preparation and execution undertaken in accordance with internal standards?