In this series of posts I’ve spoken about what a TMMi assessment is and how they are carried out. In this, final, blog in the series I’ll look at how you can become a TMMi assessor.
It is important to note that the TMMi framework is a resource that is freely available to anybody. However, as with any process improvement framework, best results will be attained if there is a full understanding of the framework, its intent and nuances, and of testing itself.
To this end, the TMMi Foundation have developed a career path (see the graphic above) that includes two training courses, one examination and lists the other qualifications that are mandatory to become an accredited TMMi assessor or lead assessor.
To become a TMMi assessor you need to have;
- An ISTQB Foundation Level certificate, or equivalent
- TMMi Professional certification (i.e. have passed the TMMi Professional examination)
- Taken a recognised TMMi Assessor training course
- Applied to the TMMi Foundation for accredited TMMi assessor status and been accepted
In order to maintain your TMMi assessor status (which is valid for three years from date of accreditation) you need to demonstrate at least 50 hours of participation in assessments in the previous 3 years.
TMMi lead assessors must also have;
- The ISTQB Advanced Test Manager certificate, or equivalent
- Taken a recognised lead TMMi Lead Assessor course
- Participated in at least 75 hours of TMMi assessments as an assessor in the previous year
- Applied to the TMMi Foundation for accredited TMMi lead assessor status and been accepted
To maintain lead assessor status (which is also valid for three years) you would need to demonstrate at least 225 hours of participation in assessments in the previous 3 years – which must include all aspects of the assessment process.
Becoming a TMMi assessor puts you in a great position to help your organisation improve their test processes in a consistent and proven way.
Experimentus are the leading provider of TMMi training. You can see details of our TMMi Professional training here. Our assessor training (which includes lead assessor training) is detailed here. We can also provide mentoring from our vastly experienced lead assessors which will help you get up to speed quickly and make the most of your TMMi journey.
I hope that this blog series was enjoyable and we look forward to helping you with your test process improvement and TMMi needs.